This year, foster families with Camp Companion have given more than 400 cats and kittens a safe, caring place to blossom. Without these generous families and temporary homes, many of these cats and kittens would not survive. Our gratitude goes out to the loving spirit of our foster families.
Foster homes provide a safe place for kittens to grow, mother cats to give their kittens a head start, homeless adult cats a relaxing environment, and sick or injured cats to a chance to heal. If you would like to experience the joys of pet parenthood without the lifetime commitment of being an animal owner, consider opening your home to an animal in need of love and attention while waiting for their forever home. Camp Companion will display foster animals on our web site as available for adoption and we will do all the interview work involved in finding a suitable adopter. We ask that fosterers be available to bring the animal to our adoption events or work with one of our volunteers to do so.
Some animals in our care have special attention needs. If you are able to take on one of these special attention animals, we also have the need for homes that are able to:
- Socialize particularly shy or timid cats/kittens
- Allow sick or injured cats/kittens to heal in a relaxing environment, providing medications as needed, keeping up to date medical records
- Animals in need of minor behavior modification
- Pregnant mothers and nursing mothers and their litters
- Provide care for extremely young abandoned kittens (typically requiring bottle feeding every 3 – 4 hours)
If you are interested in opening your heart and home to these deserving animals (or a deserving special needs animal), please complete the Foster Application